As of 12:01AM, August 7, 2021, the CDC and Maryland Department of Health require that all individuals over the age of 2 years wear face coverings in all indoor settings outside of their home. All Members and Staff must wear masks while inside the Clubhouse/Locker rooms. Masks should not be worn in the water.
CLUB ACCESS AND ENTRY
Individuals who are granted access to the Club must either be staff, members in good standing, guests of members, or attendees to special events such as summer camps or member parties. See the Supervision of Children section for requirements regarding unaccompanied children under the age of 16. All guests must be logged in at the Front Desk in our electronic system or on party or special event lists provided to the staff. Daily campers must be counted and will receive wrist bands before entry.
Entry control to the pool facilities is managed using an electronic member access system. We screen and log in 100% of all members and guests for safety and fair treatment of all members. The Staff may ask to verify your member or guest information to assure accuracy. KMSC requests photos of all members to speed this processing. This system also includes expiration dates for 6-week or 10-week Trial Members which will be enforced by the Staff.
Under no circumstances shall anyone claiming membership be permitted entry unless all amounts owed to the Club, including current and past dues and fees, are paid. Guest Credits can be purchased online through your MemberSplash account. For 2021, Guest Credits cannot be purchased at the front desk. No IOUs are permitted at any time. Members with paper passes from prior years may contact the club Treasurer at email@example.com through August 21, 2021 to convert those passes into Guest Credits in MemberSplash.
The Front Desk staff cannot waive these rules. Please contact the Membership Director or Treasurer with any questions.
See the Contact Us page for their contact information.
SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN
No child under 10 years of age may be left unaccompanied at the pool. All children under 10 years of age must be in the custody of a chaperone who is at least 16 years of age.
A child 10 years of age through 15 years of age may stay at the pool unaccompanied if the child meets the following criteria: (1) A signed parental consent form is on record with KMSC. All parents/guardians must review the discipline policy on the parental consent form with their child. Click Here to download the Parental Consent Form. (2) The child has passed a swim test administered by the pool manager. The swim test must be administered in the current season. Parents must make arrangements with the Pool Manager to administer the swim test. Both criteria must be in place before the child is permitted at the pool unaccompanied. Members may visit the pool unaccompanied when they attain 16 years of age.
Flotation devices are no guarantee of safe swimming for young children. Parents/guardians are required to monitor their children who are not able to swim independently. Any child in the pool with water wings, a tube, or any other flotation device must be accompanied in the pool by an adult. The supervising adult must remain within arms’ reach of the child at all times.The child and accompanying adult must remain in the shallow section of the pool only.
Non-toilet trained children must wear a swim diaper, and snug fitting rubber pants, or they will not be allowed in either pool. The rubber pants must be visible to the staff.
The misconduct, incontinence, or vomiting of any minor shall be the responsibility of his or her parent, parents/ or guardian, who shall be monetarily liable for any resulting damages to the Club, its members, or guests. If incontinence or vomiting occurs more than one time during the same pool season, the family will be billed $100 for each occurrence to cover the costs of the additional chemicals needed to disinfect the pool, the costs of the pool staff, and the inconvenience to members who must leave the pool area.
Guest privileges will be available only on a daily basis and generally may not be used for the residents of the Kemp Mill area. However, in unusual circumstances, only the Board of Directors, by a majority vote at a regularly scheduled meeting, or the Director of Membership, acting for the Board/ or in his absence, the President may waive this limitation. The Board of Directors may, in its discretion, limit the number of guests to be given entry to the pool on any day.
The guest rate is $8.00 per person per day. Members may purchase Guest Credits through their MemberSplash account. Guest fees are required for all babies or children who are capable of walking on their own. Unused credits will carry over to the next swim season. No guest shall be given entry unless the Club receives fees in advance. Elderly persons or physically handicapped persons, in street attire, may accompany a member, or dependents or a member to the pool and be permitted entry at no charge.
Any member may arrange to host a party by contacting the Party Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows for picnic areas to be reserved and for proper staffing. Guest credits must be purchased in advance through MemberSplash, at a cost of $8 per non-member guest. (There is no additional charge for party attendees who are members of the pool.) There is a reservation fee of $25 to reserve space for a party at the pool.
Private/small group swim lessons will be available–please contact our exclusive Swim Instructor, Ahuvah Feldman, to sign up for lessons. Only Ahuva Feldman is authorized to provide lessons at the Kemp Mill Swim Club. Questions should be referred to the Swim Team Director.
See the main KMSC home page for the current season operating hours. Final whistle is blown 15 minutes before closing. Special before- or after-hour events are possible outside of these hours for a fee that covers staff costs. Contact the President or Membership Director with any questions.
KMSC follows all Montgomery County safety rules and best practices regarding restricted operations during thunder, lightning, or other safety hazards. Operations may also be impacted by weather, pool contamination, or technical issues. The Operator in charge of the facility and staff is authorized to use reasonable judgment in directing late openings, suspended operations, and early closings. Notification of significant changes in operations will generally be communicated via Facebook.
KMSC is a community and we strive to make the pool and Club experience fun, safe, and pleasurable for all members. The Operator in charge and staff shall strictly enforce the following rules:
- No person, including minors, may enter and remain in the pool showing bodily evidence of infection or other evidence posing a risk to the Pool’s sanitation.
- Introduction of foreign matter, including excreta, or dangerous objects and materials into the pool is prohibited.
- No alcoholic beverages, including beer, may be brought onto the pool premises except for Board-approved social events.
- Food or drink may only be consumed in areas designated for eating. In order to discourage bees, food and drinks must be in closed containers when unattended. Patrons are expected to clean up after themselves.
- Glass containers are not permitted on the Pool premises.
- Running or horseplay on the pool deck or in the pool is prohibited.
- Playing ball on the pool deck or in the pool will be prohibited at the discretion of the Manager or Assistant Manager. Games of catch may not be played over other patrons’ heads. Balls may not be thrown with such force that they could cause pain or injury if they go astray.
- Diving or jumping into the shallow areas of the pool is prohibited because doing so may result in serious injury. “Swimming” beneath the surface for toys may be permitted at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- Casual conversation with the guards while they are in the guard chair is prohibited. Except when there is an immediate safety issue, patrons who need to bring a concern to a staff member’s attention should speak to the guard in the office.
- More than one person on the diving board or on the water slide at any one time is prohibited. Patrons must wait until the prior user has reached the ladder before using the diving board or cleared the water under the slide before climbing on the steps.
- No pets at the pool.
- No vehicle parking on the grass when space is available in the parking lot.
- No one may enter or reenter the pool after athletic activity without first taking a soap shower.
- No one may enter or remain in the pool during home swimming team meets or any other Board approved special aquatic event. The home swim meet schedule will be posted at the beginning of each season. Notice of other events that close the pool to patrons will be posted 10 to 14 days ahead of the event.
- The use of floaties with small children is permitted in the shallow end of the pool only. The parent or other responsible person for this child must remain in the water and within arm’s reach at all times to assure their safety.
- KMSC is a non-smoking facility. Smoking, including electronic smoking, is prohibited at all times.
- Ladders and steps must be kept clear at all times so that patrons may have unimpeded access to the pool. Please do not congregate – or allow your children to congregate – around the ladders or steps.
- Inner tubes and rafts are not permitted during operating hours. At the discretion of the Board, inner tubes/rafts may be allowed during special events, however the size and number of inner tubes/rafts may be limited in order to ensure that lifeguards have an unobstructed view of all swimmers.
AUTHORITY OF THE OPERATOR
The Operator in charge is authorized to take reasonable actions to ensure safety and maximum enjoyment of the pool. The Operator is authorized to remove from the Club’s premises any person whose language or conduct violates the pool’s rules or regulations or is a safety hazard. The Operator in charge is authorized to remove from the Pool any member assisting an unauthorized person to enter the Club’s premises.
Diving Board /Well Safety Rules
• No goggles
• One person on the board at a time
• No backflips
• Wait until the person in front of you gets to the ladder
• Do not jump to the side
• Make sure the rope is across
• One bounce
• No floaties
Water Slide Safety Rules
• No goggles
• Feet first
• Keep all hands and feet in the slide
• One person on the slide at a time
• Keep away from the bottom of the slide
• Look both ways when sliding
• No floaties
These operating rules and all amendments to them shall be available to each member and be posted at the Pool.
Adopted by the Board of Directors
January 27, 1994
Revised May 24th 2012
Revised July 30, 2015
Revised July 23, 2020