CLUB ACCESS AND ENTRY
Individuals who are granted access to the Club must either be staff, members in good standing, guests of members, or attendees to special events such as summer camps or member parties. Children between ages 10 and 15 may be permitted access if a signed Parental Consent form is on
file and the child passes a basic swim test. All guests must be logged in at the Front Desk in our electronic system or on party or special event lists provided to the staff. Daily campers must be counted and will receive wrist bands before entry.
Entry control to the pool facilities is managed using an electronic member access system. We screen and log in 100% of all member and guests for safety and fair treatment of all members. The Staff may ask to verify your member or guest information to assure accuracy. KMSC
requests photos of all members to speed this processing. This system also includes expiration dates for 6-week or 10-week Trial Members which will be enforced by the Staff.
Under no circumstances shall anyone claiming membership be permitted entry unless all amounts owed to the Club, including current and past dues and fees, are paid. Guest fees may be paid for with cash, check, a credit card payment, electronic payment, or guest passes. No IOUs are permitted at any time.
The Front Desk staff cannot waive these rules. Please contact the Membership Director or Treasurer with any questions.
See the Contact Us page for their contact information.
SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN
Children under 10 years of age must be in the custody of a chaperone over 15 years of age unless the younger child has met the following criteria: No child under 10 may be left alone at the pool except those children who (1) have passed a swim test administered by the pool manager this summer. (2) Have turned in a signed parental consent form. All parents/guardians should review the discipline policy on this form with their children.
Flotation devices are no guarantee of safe swimming for young children. Any child in the pool with water wings, a tube or any other flotation device must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
Non-toilet trained children must wear a swim diaper, and snug fitting rubber pants, or they will not be allowed in either pool. The rubber pants must be visible to the staff.
The misconduct, incontinence, or vomiting of any minor shall be the responsibility of his or her parent, parents/ or guardian, who shall be monetarily liable for any resulting damages to the Club, its members, or guests. If incontinence or vomiting occurs more than one time during the same pool season, the family will be billed $100 for each occurrence to cover the costs of the additional chemicals needed to disinfect the pool, the costs of the pool staff, and the inconvenience to members who must leave the pool area.
Guest privileges will be available only on a daily basis and generally may not be used for the residents of the Kemp Mill area. However, in unusual circumstances, only the Board of Directors, by a majority vote at a regularly scheduled meeting, or the Director of Membership, acting for the Board/ or in his absence, the President may waive this limitation. The Board of Directors may, in its discretion, limit the number of guests to be given entry to the pool on any day.
Weekday fees for general guest privileges shall be at the rate of $6.00 per person per day from Monday through Friday at any time of day. On Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, the guest rate is $8.00 per person per day. Members may purchase punch cards containing 10 guest passes for $60.00. Guest fees are required for all babies or children who are capable of walking on their own. Unused passes are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. However, none of the guest fees or privileges shall be transferable, and no guest shall be given entry unless the Club receives fees in advance. Elderly persons or physically handicapped persons, in street attire, may accompany a member, or dependents or a member to the pool and be permitted entry at no charge.
Any member may arrange to host a party by contacting the Membership Director. This allows for picnic areas to be reserved and for proper staffing. Guest passes may be used or the fee is $8 per non-member guest.
Only staff (managers, guards, and swim teach coaches) on the KMSC payroll are authorized to provide lessons to pool members. Questions should be referred to the Swim Team Director.
See the main KMSC home page for the current season operating hours. Special before- or after-hour events are possible outside of these hours for a fee that covers staff costs. Contact the President or Membership Director with any questions.
KMSC follows all Montgomery County safety rules and best practices regarding restricted operations during thunder, lightning, or other safety hazards. Operations may also be impacted by weather, pool contamination, or technical issues. The Operator in charge of the facility and staff is authorized to use reasonable judgment in directing late openings, suspended operations, and early closings. Notification of significant changes in operations will generally be communicated via Facebook.
KMSC is a community and we strive to make the pool and Club experience fun, safe, and pleasurable for all members. The Operator in charge and staff shall strictly enforce the following rules:
1. No person, including minors, may enter and remain in the pool showing bodily evidence of infection or other evidence posing a risk to the Pool’s sanitation.
2. Introduction of foreign matter, including excreta, or dangerous objects and materials into the pool is prohibited.
3. No alcoholic beverages, including beer, may be brought onto the pool premises except for Board-approved social events.
4. Food or drink may only be consumed in areas designated for eating.
5. Glass containers are not permitted on the Pool premises.
6. Running or horseplay on the pool deck or in the pool is prohibited.
7. Playing ball on the pool deck or in the pool will be prohibited at the discretion of the Manager or Assistant Manager.
8. Diving or jumping in shallow areas of the pool or repeated diving for playthings on the pool bottom is prohibited.
9. Casual conversation with the guards while they are on duty is prohibited.
10. More than one person on the diving board or on the water slide at any one time is prohibited, except in a forward sitting position on the water slide.
11. No pets at the pool.
12. No vehicle parking on the grass when space is available in the parking lot.
13. No one may enter or reenter the pool after athletic activity without first taking a soap shower.
14. No one may enter or remain in the pool during home swimming team meets or any other Board approved special aquatic event.
15. Notice of such meet or event shall be posted at the Club no less than two weeks before its date, on bulletin boards provided for membership notices.
16. Unless otherwise authorized by the Manager or Assistant Manager, no one may use more than one of the pool’s chairs on Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays.
17. The use of floaties with small children is permitted in the shallow end of the pool only. The parent or other responsible person for this child must remain within three feet at all times to assure their safety.
18. KMSC is a non-smoking facility. Smoking including electronic smoking is prohibited at all times.
AUTHORITY OF THE OPERATOR
The Operator in charge is authorized to take reasonable actions to ensure safety and maximum enjoyment of the pool. The Operator is authorized to remove from the Club’s premises any person whose language or conduct violates the pool’s rules or regulations or is a safety hazard. The Operator in charge is authorized to remove from the Pool any member assisting an unauthorized person to enter the Club’s premises.
Diving Board /Well Safety Rules
• No goggles
• One person on the board at a time
• No backflips
• Wait until the person in front of you gets to the ladder
• Do not jump to the side
• Make sure the rope is across
• One bounce
• No floaties
Water Slide Safety Rules
• No goggles
• Feet first
• Keep all hands and feet in the slide
• One person on the slide at a time
• Keep away from the bottom of the slide
• Look both ways when sliding
• No floaties
These operating rules and all amendments to them shall be available to each member and be posted at the Pool.
Adopted by the Board of Directors
January 27, 1994
Revised May 24th 2012
Revised July 30, 2015