Entry to the pool facilities requires a membership card for each member which shall include a current photograph and a current year stamp. Cards will be kept on file at the desk while members are using the pool.
New membership cards are obtainable at the pool desk during the first few weeks of the season for a nominal fee. A current photograph must be provided for lamination to the card. Past year membership cards will be updated free of charge.
Under no circumstances shall anyone claiming membership be permitted entry unless all amounts due the Club, including current and past dues, are paid.
SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN
Children under 10 years of age must be in the custody of a chaperone over 15 years of age unless the younger child has met the following criteria: No child under 10 may be left alone at the pool except those children who (1) have passed a swim test administered by the pool manager this summer. (2) Have turned in a signed parental consent form. All parents/guardians should review the discipline policy on the back of that form with their children.
Any child in the pool with water wings, a tube or any other flotation device must be accompanied in the pool by an adult.
Non-toilet trained children must wear a swim diaper, and snug fitting rubber pants, or they will not be allowed in either pool. The rubber pants must be visible to the staff.
The misconduct, incontinence, or vomiting of any minor shall be the responsibility of his or her parent, parents/ or guardian, who shall be pecuniarily liable for any resulting damages to the Club, its members, or guests. If incontinence or vomiting occurs more than one time during the same pool season, the family will be billed $100 for each occurrence to cover the costs of the additional chemicals needed to disinfect the pool, the costs of the pool staff, and the inconvenience to members who must leave the pool area.
Guest privileges will be available only on a daily basis and generally may not be used for the residents of the Kemp Mill area. However, in unusual circumstances, only the Board of Directors, by a majority vote at a regularly scheduled meeting, or the Director of Membership, acting for the Board/ or in his absence, the President may waive this limitation. The Board of Directors may, in its discretion, limit the number of guests to be given entry to the pool on any day.
Weekday fees for general guest privileges shall be at the rate of $5.00 per person per day and $3.00 after 5:00 p.m. On Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, the guest rate is $7.00 per person per day and $5.00 after 5:00 p.m. (The Sunday night raft night fee is $7.00 per person.) Walking babies must pay a guest fee. Members may purchase books containing 10 guest passes for $50.00. Unused passes are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. However, none of the guest fees or privileges shall be transferable, and no guest shall be given entry unless the Club receives fees in advance. Elderly persons or physically handicapped persons, in street attire, may accompany a member, or dependents or a member to the pool and be permitted entry at no charge.
Only staff (managers, guards, and swim teach coaches) on the KMSC payroll are allowed to provide lessons to pool members.
The pool will be open at 11:30 a.m. on the Saturday of the Memorial Day weekend. Until the Montgomery County schools close for the summer, the pool’s operating hours shall be 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the weekend, and 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. during the week. After the Montgomery County schools close for the summer, the Pool will operate from 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Noon to 8:30 p.m. Friday, and 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (Except on Fridays the pool opens at noon.) The Club shall open at 1:00 p.m. on each day that Montgomery County schools have early dismissal during the last week of school.
The Manager or Assistant Manager is authorized to use reasonable judgment in implementing the following rules governing late openings and early closings due to weather conditions;
1. The pool facilities will not open initially until one hour after inclement conditions stop.
2. The pool facilities may be closed if inclement conditions persist for one hour or more.
3. After an early closing, the pool facilities will not reopen until one hour after inclement conditions stop.
4. After an early closing, the pool facilities will not reopen if less than one hour of scheduled open hours remains.
The pool Manager and staff shall strictly enforce the following rules:
1. No person, including minors, may enter and remain in the pool showing bodily evidence of infection or other evidence posing a risk to the Pool’s sanitation.
2. Introduction of foreign matter, including excreta, or dangerous objects and materials into the pool is prohibited.
3. No alcoholic beverages, including beer, may be brought onto the pool premises except for Board-approved social events.
4. Food or drink may only be consumed in areas designated for eating.
5. Glass containers are not permitted on the Pool premises.
6. Running or horseplay on the pool deck or in the pool is prohibited.
7. Playing ball on the pool deck or in the pool will be prohibited at the discretion of the Manager or Assistant Manager.
8. Diving or jumping in shallow areas of the pool or repeated diving for playthings on the pool bottom is prohibited.
9. Casual conversation with the guards while they are on duty is prohibited.
10. More than one person on the diving board or on the water slide at any one time is prohibited, except in a forward sitting position on the water slide.
11. No pets at the pool.
12. No vehicle parking on the grass when space is available in the parking lot.
13. No one may enter or reenter the pool after athletic activity without first taking a soap shower.
14. No one may enter or remain in the pool during home swimming team meets or any other Board approved special aquatic event.
15. Notice of such meet or event shall be posted at the Club no less than two weeks before its date, on bulletin boards provided for membership notices.
16. Unless otherwise authorized by the Manager or Assistant Manager, no one may use more than one of the pool’s chairs on Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays.
AUTHORITY OF THE MANAGER
The Manager or Assistant Manager are authorized to take reasonable action to insure safety and maximum enjoyment of the pool. In particular, they are authorized to remove from the pool’s
premises any person whose language or conduct violates the pool’s rules or regulations or is a safety hazard.
The Manager or Assistant Manager is authorized to remove from the Pool any member assisting an unauthorized person to enter the Club’s premises,
Diving Board /Well Safety Rules
• No goggles
• One person on the board at a time
• No backflips
• Wait until the person in front of you gets to the ladder
• Do not jump to the side
• Make sure the rope is across
• One bounce
• No floaties
Water Slide Safety Rules
• No goggles
• Feet first
• Keep all hands and feet in the slide
• One person on the slide at a time
• Keep away from the bottom of the slide
• Look both ways when sliding
• No floaties
These operating rules and all amendments to them shall be available to each member and be posted at the Pool.
Adopted by the Board of Directors
January 27, 1994
Revised May 24th 2012
Revised July 30, 2015